Sunday, October 01, 2006

City Wide Awakening

Last night was really encourging so i wanted to share a story about the city of Moose Jaw! A couple of weeks ago Brad met a guy named Will. Will and his wife Melanie have a real heart for the youth of the city and decided to start a ministry. The ministry is in the parking lot of the Church of God (where Brad and I attend) Last night was the kick off for the city, the desire of Will and his wife is that many youth and whoever else hears or walks by will come to know the Lord. Brad and I went last night to help where we could and met some neat people.
There was a big stage set up and a music team(which Will headed up) and a speaker. There was a man named Phil who shared his testimony, he was heavy into drugs, drinking ect. and only became a Christian 5 days ago. There was also a guest speaker from Wisconsin who shared his testimony. I was personally touched last night, to be outside in God's creation and presence, and to see people give their lives to the Lord.

I never imagined that Brad and i would be in Moose Jaw together outside in a church parking lot praising the Lord. I'm thankful that Will is following through with the vision that God has given him. The Church of God is right off main street, so i'm sure everyone driving by was wondering what on earth was going on. (As the music was quite loud) I'm excited already about the next one, they are having City wide once a month. At the end of the night there was free hot chocoalte and brownies, which topped of our already lovely evening! GOD IS GOOD!!!!

5 comments:

Niki Devereaux said...

That's awesome!! :)

Anonymous said...

hey sam- that sounds awesome!! i am so excited for you guys... amazing ways to see the work God does in people's lives. hey- you know what i was thinking about the other day, and it made me laugh? "above rubies"... remember that group at capes that came for spring break? WHOA. makes me laugh... ahh- the memories. brad was hilarious during that time- makes me laugh still. alright... talk to you later... i miss you guys! i love checking up on your blog. i'm TERRIBLE at updating mine, but oh well. one of these days.
love,erika

Abbey said...

That sounds amazing. There's just something about being outside in God's creation while praising him. Our church does a few outdoor services a year. We have one around Stampede time and do a stampede breakfast after, and one that is called "kick-off" sunday. It's done in Sept. every year right before sunday school and all the childrens programs start up again for the year. I quite enjoy it. It's neat to be set up in the parking lot with all the residential houses around that can't help but to hear the singing and the sermon. We're also located on a busy main road so many people driving by would also hear and possibly be curious enough to venture our way.
Sounds like a great idea that Will and his wife had. I hope they continue with it and many people come to know the Lord through their ministry.

Alissa said...

Sam-
Hey thanks for you encouragement

Alissa said...

Ok so yeah I am tech-no-illiterate and did not mean it to post so fast. Computers are such a mystery to me,anyways thanks for your comment. I have been reading your blog lately and so excited to see how lovely your fella is and how happy you are.
I am going to capernwray over thanksgiving and I still picture you in the kitchen. I will miss not seeing you!!
oh I am freezing right now. It's october do we really need the air conditioner on 50! Have a great day:)
Alissa