Thursday, February 01, 2007

Hats off to Becky!!!


Becky and I have been friends since we were 3 years old! She is one of my oldest, dearest friends! She recently decided to start weight watchers(on her own) and in only 3 and half weeks she has lost 10 pounds! She has inspired me to lose the 15 pounds I have wanted to lose since high school! For some reason it has been really hard for me to get the weight off once and for all. I guess the reason is simple: I eat too much, and don't exercise enough!! So as of Jan.30th I decided to do weight watchers! I am not joining the actual meetings but am counting and journalling what I eat. Already in 3 days and a pound and a half lighter I feel so much better! It really has made me aware of the things I put in mouth. Every meal requires thought as you want to eat things that are low calories, and that are healthy. I strongly encourage anyone who wants to lose weight to consider Weight Watchers. It is not a diet...it is a changed lifestyle.

Now that I have sounded like a commercial, I will leave you with a picture of my lovely, beautiful friend Becky. I am very proud of you!! Way to go and keep it up!! Love you!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmpf... still no photos of your favorite roomie. no odes to her. Wa wa waaaa...

Zabrina said...

Good for you Samantha - way to motivate yourself...I know, myself, it can be hard. Hey I heard from Chris & Susy that you're for sure coming out to capes this summer - what week?...I'm still trying to convince my parents to go to, so maybe I could try to come the same week. Hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the advice on "boys" that you gave on my blog. i remember what you & brad went through! (well, i was there for part of that time) joe does weight watchers too, not because he needs it- he has no need to loose weight. but i guess he's paranoid about health problems like his dad had. that's good. i'm not complaining. i need to join too. i do NOT want to be a fat bride!!!!! (whenever that may be... guess that's why it's a good thing he hasn't proposed yet?!? gives me time to loose weight)
love..erika

Christie said...

Hi Brad and Samantha! I have finally started updating my blog. Good job Samantha. Be the best you can be. Check out our Parker Blog and click on the healthy eating link. I set up a new blog with healthy recipes. I have lost 30ls since last March and am in the best shape that I have ever been. I have done weight watchers and some of the recipes have the points values for the servings. Drop me a line. I would love to hear from you!

Christie said...

Samantha - send me an email to this hotmail account christie-parker@hotmail.com and from there I will give you our personal email account. I just don't want to write my personal email account here for fear of getting a bunch of junk sent. I don't care if I get that on the hotmail account. I would so love to stay in contact with you guys via email.