Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Horrible Hair Disaster...

Before
The new do with it up!
The new do with it down!


So... when i was at my in-laws over the holiday's I decided that I wanted to touch up my roots. My natural darker roots were starting to show, and it had been bothering me for quite some time. I made a decision to go with the good old frost and glow kit. BIG mistake! I ended up with the really nasty, orangy, blonde. I was doing my hair with my sister-in-law Kyla and her boyfriend Jason. Now just so they know, they are not to blame. They actually did exactly what I asked of them. It was just one of those things where the timing was completely off. After my hair was dry Kyla, Jason, Lindsey and I were laughing pretty hard. I could of cried, it looked so terrible! Luckily all that came out was laughter. Lindsey my other sister-in-law asked if I wanted some halloween head bands to go with my orange do! By this time it was almost midnight and Brad had not even seen my gross hair. I ran downstairs and told Brad that we had to go to Shoppers to get a dark dye to get rid of the orange blonde. I refused to go to the church the next morning with hair like that! He could not beleive what I had done to my hair. To make a long story short we got the dark dye and did the whole thing a darker brown. The dark dye ended up turning my hair an ulgy grey colour. Nice... now I was really upset. I wore a hat for the remaining two day's that we were there. My dear mother( I love my mum) offered to pay for me to get it professionally fixed. Now it is a dark brown with red, and blonde highlights... I love it!!! End of story! Here are some before and after shots. You'll more than likely laugh!!! It actually looked worse in real life.

5 comments:

Abbey said...

Samantha, that is funny. But I feel your pain. It's no fun to have hair disasters. I got a horrible hair cut one time and all I could do was wear it in a ponytail until it grew out more. Also I've had a highlighting nightmare. The girl that did it did the highlights so far away from my scalp that it looked like I had worse roots than before I went in. Both of those were done in a professional salon. Not cool. Are the pictures of the New do from after the professional help? Because if not the computer must be making it look much better than it was.

Anonymous said...

sam!!! remember when you & i dyed our hair at capernwray?!?! that's what these pictures remind me of. i dyed my hair bright deep red, and you dyed yours brown. you kept saying "oh my gosh, oh my gosh... i'm having an identity crisis... i do not know who i am... ahhhh!!!!!" it was way too funny. i love your new hair story, and i love the new 'do!!! looks great...
love,
erika from america

oh wait-... i have a song for you. wish i could hear you sing it though... makes me laugh so hard. "when i was just an itty bitty baby, my momma used to rock me in the cradle, in old cotton field back home, but when the cotton field got wrotten, there weren't much any cotton in that old cotton field back hooooome!" remember that? you were making fun of my "montana/cowgirl" roots.

Christy and Dustin said...

I love the dark! I'm inspired to get rid of my blonde. I tried once with a home kit and it went orange. I think i will definitely do it professionally. Once i made my husband's hair fire engine red and bright orange. It was hilarious. He was nicknamed
"rusty" forevermore.

Anonymous said...

Oh Samantha, you're so stylin'!...the first pic actually didn't look all that bad, but maybe it looks diff in the pic. Anyways, hope you're well.

Zabrina

Anonymous said...

Good post.