Monday, November 27, 2006

A new tradition...






Ever since i was little i loved traditional things with the family. Now that i am married i am excited to start new traditions. The first one being when we put up the tree. Last year we had just moved to Moose Jaw on the 20th of December so we didn't bother putting up a tree. This year was the first official tree decoarating! I was pretty pumped to get it up, so i suggested to Brad that we put it up Nov.15th. I know that sounds a bit early but why not enjoy 5 or 6 weeks with it up. We bought some egg nog, got out the x-mas tunes and decorated it. It was a lot of fun. Brad still thinks it is too early but i think it's perfect :) Once it was all up and the work was over for him he was glad that we had done it when we had. Men are so funny!
I love the coziness of Christmas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good Sam. I'm looking forward to decorating my house as well. I have to wait until the real christmas trees are out. We don't have an artificial tree yet...but we will next year! If we did mine would be going up December 1st. That's the day I've always done it as a little girl, and it doesn't come down until January 1st.

Anonymous said...

I love the tree, Sam. This season reminds me of that one crazy night when Santa Lucia came singing to our room... the night Carol's room turned crazy on us!!!
Anyway- such sweet memories!
You can stop posting photos of your Mexico trip now. I died of jealousy a while ago. :)
Love you... Good Night Sam!!
(insert fart conversation here)
Your favorite (anonymous) roomie...

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! Saummm.. i love you! Can't wait to see you on the 22nd.

Anonymous said...

Your tree looks great and I think it's great that you're excited about starting new traditions. I'm especially excited about doing the same around our new family.

One tradition Kari would like to start is to have a different Christmas story to read every day of December until Christmas arrives. I love stories so it's fine by me.

We haven't bought our house yet. Kari and I are both unemployed currently, which doesn't help in getting a house. I don't think we're going to be living here long term. I'm looking into the Program Director position at Squeah currently and hoping to get it (don't tell anyone!).

Good to hear from you two. Kari says hi!

Anonymous said...

what a cute couple. christmas trees are my favorite decoration too. your house looks fab!